Please read ALL of the instruction BEFORE you begin
- Turn your device OFF, and remove the battery if possible.
- Clean your device of all the dirt, oil, etc.. Your device should be perfectly clean before you apply your Shield Skins protector.
- Wet your hand with application solution. Your hands should always be wet when handling the film.
- Wet the adhesive side of the Shield Skins. Be very careful not to drop the Shield Skins, or let it come into contact with the contaminated surface. Once the adhesive gets dirt on it, it cannot be cleansed.
- Lay the piece of film into position. If you used enough application solution, you will be able to slide the film into the prefect position on the device. If you need to lift the film up to reposition it, just slowly lift the film up and re-wet it before laying it back on the device.
- Squeegee the film from the center outward to remove as much of the water as possible. DO NOT push to hard you do not want to stretch the film.
- You may find that your Shield Skins has a trouble sticking to some curve areas. If this occurs, wait 10 minutes or until the film is almost dry, then press and hold the trouble spot for 3o seconds or so.
- We recommend that you now leave the device turned off for 12-24 hours. This gives your Shield Skins time to set up and time for the remaining application solution under your Shield Skins dry out.
- If your Shield Skins still looks hazy, or has small bubbles under the film when you turn your device on. Do not panic. This is due to some moisture still left under the Shield Skins. The looks will improve over the next 24-72 hours.
Application Tips and Tricks
- If you run out of application solution, the bottle has enough residue inside that you may refill it with water 2-3 times and it will still work.
- If you need more application solution just mix 10 ounces of water with 2-3 drops of baby shampoo
- Do NOT apply water directly to your device!
- If you find that your Shield Skins has trouble sticking to some curved areas or corners, wait until the film is almost dry, then press and hold the trouble spot with the palm of your hand for 30-60 seconds. If it still does not stick down let it dry some more then try again.
- You may use a hair dryer on a LOW setting to help dry the skin and speed up the application process.